Friday, July 17, 2026

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words...

 You can't tell a book by its cover, but you can get a general idea.

Amongst the plethora of YouTube videos I've watched regarding self-publishing (and thank you all, the information and perspectives were very helpful!) was a video regarding book cover designs. Here is the link if you're interested.

I am not a visual person, can't draw much more than a stick figure, and my ability to judge if a sofa will fit into a studio apartment is non-existent, but the points she made really drove it home for me. 

I just received my book cover from the designer - not through Reedsy, a personal connection - and I absolutely love it. The challenge will be if any potential readers will. I'll have to see what kind of reaction it gets from pre-release readers.

I am still formatting the manuscript and that will take me a few more days. I registered at Bowker, so I will be purchasing the ISBNs next week - still reading up on the necessary information - and researching ARCs . So everything is coming along.

Next post will cover registering for KDP and IngramSpark. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Promotion 101

 Options. So. Many. Options. After having successfully loading both my ebook and paperback files onto KDP, I decided to switch gears (plenty...